The State of the Apple Tree Shines!
Regulatory climate in Washington certainly has a reputation of being difficult. While Washington has a beefy set of regulations for home agencies, the application process is manageable with the proper policies and mindset.
Our recent client Janet received her home care license to serve King County in a SPEEDY 57 Days! She is over the moon excited to be able to open her doors 3 months earlier than expected.
Steps for Washington In-Home Services License
- Mail Application & Check to WADOH in Olympia
- Receive letter from WADOH with a Short Form Deficiency Checklist requesting a long (16 pages) document requesting list of P&Ps and documents
- Need to have a specific Bill of Rights document for clients
- Respond with complete Checklist and requested P&Ps
- WADOH requests Sample Client Record, Sample Personnel Record, Service Agreement, Care Plan
- Respond with requested documents
- WADOH set up 30 minute Zoom meeting to review finalize application and specific Washington documents
- Issued your license!
Tips for Washington License
- Required to attend In-Home Services online orientation by WADOH (1x/month)
- Can only apply to 1 county per person on your application
- Request delivery receipt for mailed application
- Need a Washington UBI # (Business License)
- Can be started with 1 person
Know someone starting a home care company in Washington? We can save months off the licensure process!
Still have questions?
Email us at [email protected] or call me at 303-578-8262.
We respond to every email, We really do